Today, I will tell you how to transfer photos and videos from your GoPro HERO8 to your computer. Actually, to be more specific, it’s transferring to a Chromebook laptop computer. That’s so simple and easy but, the new GoPro owner might think it’s difficult and confusing. Let’s go straight to there.
Here are what you need to do.
First, turn on your computer.
Second, open the place where your GoPro holding the battery. You can locate it on the side of your GoPro HERO8.
Next, make a connection from your GoPro to the computer by using a USB cable, which comes with your GoPro when you purchase it. Hook a small end to GoPro and another big end to your computer.
Then, press the power of your GoPro on. You will see the word “CONNECTION” on your GoPro. Next, you hear a beep sound from your computer. That means your GoPro is connected. Then you see the word GOPROBLACK pop up at the bottom right of your computer screen.
Now, the main section begins.
Part 1: Locate videos and photos in your GoPro.
- Click on a folder name Files at the bottom of your computer screen.
- Look on the left hand side, under This PC, double click on the folder name HERO8BLACK.
- Look at the right, double click on the folder names GoProMTP ===> DCIM ===> 100GoPro
- Now all of your files from your GoPro show up. To recognize which one is a picture, just look for the word JPG file.
Part 2: Create a folder to contain your transferred files.
- Right click a place where you want your new folder. For example, if you want a new folder staying on Desktop, click on the Desktop screen and then right click the mouse.
- When a drop down menu screen pop up, choose New, then Folder.
- Name the folder, for example, GoPro on PC, so it’s easy for you to recognize and distinguish with the folder from your GoPro.
Part 3: Copy photos and/or videos you want to transfer to your computer.
- Now, back to your GoPro HERO8 screen you open before creating new folder.
- Highlight photos and/or videos you want to transfer.
- Drag them to a new folder you just created and then drop them there.
That’s it. Done.
To make sure, just double click to open the folder to double check.
Written on Friday, July 21, 2022 2:30 A.M.